Sponsored by the North Carolina Hospital Association, the South Carolina Hospital Association and The Duke Endowment, this annual conference focuses on current issues unique to small and rural health care executives. It is designed for hospital, health system, association and governmental employees and hospital and health system trustees.
Conference Brochure with Registration and Hotel Information
Small and Rural Conference Registration
Transforming Health Care: Virginia Mason’s Pursuit of the Perfect Patient Experience - Gary S. Kaplan, MD, Chairman and CEO, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington
Financial Performance and Condition of Critical Access Hospitals: Three Current Issues - George H. Pink and George M. Holmes, North Carolina Rural Health Research & Policy Analysis Center University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Center of Excellence for Integrated Care - Cathy Hudgins, PhD, Director, iCare (Center of Excellence for Integrated Care) Foundation for Advanced Health Programs, Cary, NC
Leadership Perspectives on Lean Culture:
- Laura Easton, President and CEO, Caldwell Memorial Hospital, Lenoir, NC
Who Are We?
- Henry C. Hawthorne, President and CEO, Columbus Regional Healthcare System,Whiteville, NC
Lean Health Care
- Henry C. Hawthorne III, David J. Masterson, NCMJ vol. 74, no. 2, NCMEDICALJOURNAL.COM
Energy Audits, Upgrades and Savings for Hospitals in the Carolinas
- Eric Barradale, Product Development Manager, Duke Energy Corporation, Charlotte, NC; William B. James, FACHE, CEO, Northern Hospital of Surry County, Mount Airy, NC; Karen Schwartz, FACHE, Vice President, Support Services, Bon Secours St. Francis Health System, Greenville, SC
Federal Office of Rural Health Policy Update
- Tom F. Morris, Associate Administrator, Office of Rural Health Policy, Health Resources and Services Administration, U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Md.