When: September 12, 2011 - September 16, 2011
Leadership Education at Duke Divinity invites Christian institutional leaders, pastors and other ministry professionals of all traditions to spend a week immersed in self-directed study, worship and prayer on the Duke University campus. While at Duke, you may choose to:
- Audit Divinity School classes
- Meet with Divinity School faculty as appropriate to your topic of study
- Participate in community worship and lectures
Tuition for churches eligible for Duke Endowment grants and members of the Western North Carolina Conference is $100 (a $550 discount) and includes:
- Four nights of accommodations
- Access to classes, libraries and the campus gym
- A meal allowance
- Campus parking
- Continuing education credit unit opportunities
Unlike traditional continuing education events that offer a specific course of study, Study Leave allows each participant to propose a study topic during registration. Previous participants have studied such topics as church history, Christian tradition, Scripture, worship, ethics and preaching.
Ten sessions of the program will be offered during the 2011-2012 academic year.
Learn more and register »