When: November 13, 2012 - November 14, 2012
Sponsored by the North Carolina Hospital Association, the South Carolina Hospital Association and The Duke Endowment, the 12th Annual Small and Rural Hospital Conference is designed to address current issues that are unique to small and rural health care executives. This conference is exclusively for hospital, health system, association and governmental employees, and hospital and health system trustees.
Review the agenda and register for this event.
November 13, 2012
- Pre-Conference Session - Getting to 2015: Key Issues Facing CAHs in an Evolving Health Care System - Tom Morris, Associate Administrator, Office of Rural Health Policy, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Md.
- Pre-Conference Session - Getting to 2015: Key Issues Facing CAHs in an Evolving Health Care System - George Pink, PhD, Senior Research Fellow Cecil B. Sheps Center for Health Services Research, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Keynote Address: Health Care Beyond Reform: Doing it Right for Half the Cost - Joe Flower, Health Care Futurist, Sausalito, CA
- Creating a Healthy Impact in WNC - Janice Lato, FACHE, President and CEO WNC Health Network, Asheville, N.C., Alma (Gibbie) Harris, MSPH, BSN, RN, Health Director Buncombe County Department of Health, Asheville, N.C., Craig James, President and CEO Highlands Cashiers Hospital, Highlands, N.C.
- The Oaks PACE: A Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly - The Reverend James McGee, President and CEO, The Methodist Oaks, Orangeburg, S.C., Brenda Williams, MHA, FACHE, Vice President Strategy and Compliance, Regional Medical Center of Orangeburg & Calhoun, Orangeburg, S.C., Scott Ewing, Chief Operations Officer, The Methodist Oaks, Orangeburg, S.C.
- Health Information Technology: A Regional Approach - J. Steven Cline, DD S, MPH, Assistant Secretary Office of Health Information Technology, NC Department of Health and Human Services, Raleigh, N.C., Robert Gordon, Chief Information Officer Halifax Regional Medical Center, Roanoke Rapids, N.C., Chris Scarboro, MPH, Project Manager, Health Information Exchange and Strategic Development, North Carolina Community Care Network, Raleigh, NC
November 14, 2012
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy Update - Tom Morris, Associate Administrator, Office of Rural Health Policy, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Md.
- The Future of Our Health Care System - Susan Thompson, President and CEO, Trinity Health Systems, Fort Dodge, IA
- American Hospital Association Update - Lisa Kidder, Vice President, Legislative Affairs, American Hospital Association, Washington, D.C.
Please check back for updates as more presentations are added.